Summary of Services
- Individualized job development and placement will be sought for those clients who have an interest and the skill level necessary for placement.
- On the job training in work and work related skills required to perform the job.
- On going supervision and monitoring of job performance.
- On going support services when necessary and available within the DAC’s resource to assure job retention.
- Training in related skills essential to obtaining and retaining employment such as self care, communication, social appropriateness, problem solving, task completion, safety, use of community resources, use of break or lunch areas, and mobility training.
- Transportation to and from service sites when other forms of transportation are unavailable or inaccessible.
- Adaptive equipment necessary to obtain and retain employment when the equipment is not otherwise available through the Division of Rehabilitation Services of the MN Dept. of Jobs and training or the medical assistance program.
- Training to improve related individual skill areas as indentified in the ISP.
Community Integration Services: Polk County DAC offers or provides community integration services designed to increase and enhance each person’s social and physical interaction with non-disabled individuals who are not paid caregivers of staff members. Community integration services offered or provided have the components specified by the CSSP. They are also based on the individual’s needs and interest obtained through assessments, interest inventories and discussion with team members.
The Polk County DAC is a person centered facility.
Services are provided in Crookston at 515 5th Ave. South or in East Grand Forks at 936 1st Ave. NE